High school graduation is just around the corner; is your smile ready for graduation photos? Congratulations! Receiving your diploma marks the beginning of the next important phase of your life. When you walk across the stage and pose for the camera, you want to make sure that your smile is the best it can be! Now is the ideal time to schedule a dental checkup, along with cleaning and whitening for those moments in front of the camera.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
Before the big day, make an appointment with Dr. Ashley Niles at Niles Family Dentistry, for a professional in-office teeth whitening. Long after graduation day, pictures of you in your cap and gown will be on display for all to see. A professional teeth cleaning and whitening may be just what is needed for a camera-ready smile that will be captured for posterity in years to come.
Professional in-office teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dental procedure in today’s world. In-office teeth whitening is used to treat tooth discolorations that result from aging, consumption of certain foods–notably, coffee, tobacco, red wine, colas, and dark-colored fruits and vegetables.
Unlike at-home whitening systems that incorporate low-dose bleaching agents, an in-office teeth whitening will take place under carefully monitored conditions with Dr. Niles who will oversee your treatment to ensure that the amount of bleaching gel you are given is safe, controlled and doesn’t cause you pain. Thicker peroxide gels and the use of desensitizers, such as potassium nitrate and fluoride, help prevent gum and tooth sensitivity during the teeth whitening procedure.
One of the biggest advantages to our in-office whitening procedure is you will be able to notice a difference in your smile immediately after your treatment in our office. The discoloration on your teeth can typically be removed in just one visit.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for You?
Are you dreading graduation pictures? Is there something holding you back from enjoying this special time in your life? If your teeth are broken or chipped, worn-down or irregularly shaped, those issues might prevent you from smiling during this happy occasion. Let Dr. Niles help you get the smile you’ve always wanted, just in time for this once-in-a-lifetime event!
If you need a smile makeover, dental veneers might be just the procedure to achieve the smile you’re hoping for. Porcelain veneers can offer dramatic results in the way you look and you can have a new smile in as few as two appointments. Veneers create a virtual makeover that impacts your whole appearance, boosts your confidence and brings out the best in you. Studies have shown veneers not only change the outside appearance of the teeth, they also improve how you view yourself and how others view you.
This cosmetic dental procedure enhances your natural teeth to a level of perfectly aligned, straight and white teeth. A dental veneer is simply a shell (usually made out of porcelain) that covers the front part of your tooth. In your first meeting with Dr. Niles, your teeth will be prepared for dental veneers.
How Dental Veneers Work
- Initially, your teeth are prepared by having a small amount of your tooth enamel removed, a mold of your tooth is taken, and a veneer is made to fit perfectly over the old tooth. The molds are then sent to a dental lab for fabrication.
- A temporary covering for your teeth is put in place until the veneers are completed.
- Two to three weeks later the temporary covering is removed and the finished veneers are bonded to the teeth and you can return to your normal routine (including eating and drinking) as soon as you leave our office.
Appearance is important, and veneers are a good choice for those who want a beautiful smile. Learn more about dental veneers at Niles Family Dentistry.
Are You Moving Away After Graduation?
Many high school graduates will be moving away to attend college, and an oral exam and cleaning now can help ensure that you will embark on this next phase of life in good oral health. Dental exams for graduates are important for the following reasons:
- Between ages 17–21, wisdom teeth make their first appearance. Occasionally these teeth come in without any problem, but many wisdom teeth become impacted, or crowd out adjacent teeth and must be removed. It’s important to evaluate them during a regular dental checkups. Consult with Dr. Niles regarding your personal situation.
- College schedules can get pretty hectic and caring for your oral health may be put on the back burner, leading to potentially more costly major problems. When caught early, decay and gum disease can be treated, so have your check-up before you leave the nest.
- Make an appointment with Dr. Niles, and during the winter break, you’ll be ready for your second annual appointment. The importance of regular dental visits cannot be overstated, whether at home or away at college.
Add Niles Family Dentistry to Your Graduation To-Do List
Graduation is quickly approaching, and no doubt you’re looking forward to all the activities and events that accompany the cap and gown. Don’t underestimate the power of a beautiful smile. Begin your celebration today by booking an appointment with Dr. Niles at our office located at 136 2nd Avenue, #101 in Niwot, or call 720-744-0001. Dr. Niles also provides dental care to patients in Boulder, Longmont and surrounding areas of northern Colorado.
Whether it be cosmetic or general dentistry, Niles Family Dentistry is an investment in your future that will bless you with a beautiful smile and increased self-assurance every day. We look forward to getting your smile ready for all those hugs, laughs, and, of course, snapshots to capture all of those special graduation moments.